What's new

Authenticity on Tomahawk?

IndianaHunter27

Full Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2015
Messages
221
Reaction score
141
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend owns this tomahawk and thinks it's genuine, can anyone confirm it deny this? Or tell me what type it is? I can't find anything else like it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477440248.929591.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477440269.232892.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477440283.405059.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477440294.083422.webp
 
Upvote 0
It looks modern as far as the handle and twine goes but the blade might be old. Someone will come along soon and give more thoughts on it. It's really cool though.
 
I think the style eliminates any of the normal trade axes/tomahawks here in North America.

There are a lot of curved axes from African and Southeast Asia that also use fibers like yours.
 
Pretty cool. That looks a whole lot like artificial sinew, which would date it to modern times. Hard to say just from a pic, but artificial sinew has a more waxy feel than real sinew. Is it just for decoration or does it actually bind the ax head to the handle? I use artificial sinew on different projects, but I would have used rawhide to bind the ax head to the handle on this. That's all I can tell you about it.
 
Looks modern to me.....I don't see anything old about it. You never said where it came from. That might help with the history of your tomahawk.
 
It was purchased at an auction in Indiana if that helps
 
Also looks recently sharpened?
 
It definitely was re-sharpened at one point I just don't know how recently
 
It looks like it was modeled on the Frank/Saxon "francisca" belt/throwing axe.

Franziska.png


mo_3036.jpg

Arms & Armor

--Guy
 
I believe winterbear nailed it on the head ,it's a reproduction.
 
Thanks for all the help on Identifying this tomahawk for me guys!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom