What's new

automax broken

eldorado

Full Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2009
Messages
143
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
I was cleaning off my kellyco automax pin pointer tonight,, and the probe tip came off,, coil and all,,,,,, I said to myself, dam, what a piece of crapola,,,,,no way worth the 140 bucks they claim. So not having nothing to loose, I got out the ole model airplane glue and carefully glued tip back on and it works ok... I am very glad the little bitty wires didnt break.
 
not the best by far --too bulky -- but I use one too since the "price" was right --free --try the harbor frieght one if it breaks and you need a cheap replacement
 
got one free after paying shipping with a purchase at xxxxxxxxxxx. It worked great but was just too big. sold it on eBay.
 
I just cant belive someone doesnt make a nice ergo- nomic design one, kinda like a buntline special... of course they would have to paint the tip bright orange.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom