automax broken

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
I was cleaning off my kellyco automax pin pointer tonight,, and the probe tip came off,, coil and all,,,,,, I said to myself, dam, what a piece of crapola,,,,,no way worth the 140 bucks they claim. So not having nothing to loose, I got out the ole model airplane glue and carefully glued tip back on and it works ok... I am very glad the little bitty wires didnt break.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
not the best by far --too bulky -- but I use one too since the "price" was right --free --try the harbor frieght one if it breaks and you need a cheap replacement

B

BIG61AL

got one free after paying shipping with a purchase at xxxxxxxxxxx. It worked great but was just too big. sold it on eBay.

OP
OP
eldorado

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
I just cant belive someone doesnt make a nice ergo- nomic design one, kinda like a buntline special... of course they would have to paint the tip bright orange.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread