Back to the 2nd field we hunted last weekend

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my buddy hunted it about 4 hrs. yesterday. All of the stuff we dug was fairly modern. I did find a couple of arrowheads there last weekend, so while he was eating his lunch, I went out and walked the field for about 20 mins. I managed to find a couple more. Bent down to pick up the last one and twisted the crap out of my right knee. Well, that ended our trip as I could barely walk. Didn't think I was gonna make it back to the truck. Feels a little better today, but I might be outta commission for a little while! 2-5-17 002.JPG 2-5-17 003.JPG 2-5-17 004.JPG 2-5-17 005.JPG 2-5-17 006.JPG 2-5-17 007.JPG

Upvote 8

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Love finding those NA artifacts. It makes detecting twice as much fun looking for surface artifacts and relics in the ground. Too bad about the knee. Sounds like it might be a meniscus tear which won't likely fix itself. If your knee really hurts on the inside when you cross that leg over the other that is probably what you have. I have done this to my left knee twice while squatting to dig a target. Both times required surgery.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love finding those NA artifacts. It makes detecting twice as much fun looking for surface artifacts and relics in the ground. Too bad about the knee. Sounds like it might be a meniscus tear which won't likely fix itself. If your knee really hurts on the inside when you cross that leg over the other that is probably what you have. I have done this to my left knee twice while squatting to dig a target. Both times required surgery.

I can cross them with some pain, but if I try and walk, It hurts like a .....!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! Sometimes my knee locks up and I have to place my leg over the one and push down at the knee joint and it unlocks.
Hope the knee heals quickly.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Sometimes my knee locks up and I have to place my leg over the one and push down at the knee joint and it unlocks.
Hope the knee heals quickly.
Thanks Rusty, got a knee brace on it now. It feels pretty good. I've had trouble with both knees before, but not this bad. I think surgery is inevitable, but I'm trying to avoid that option!

Congrats on some nice stuff and hope you feel better soon

Thanks Trap, All I got was a swift kick in the rear reminding me that I'm not as young as I used to be :laughing7:

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relics! Sorry to hear about the knee, get well soon!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I love the arrow heads. Sorry about your knee. That's why I keep a pint of Evan Williams in the truck. Just for emergencies of course.

HH, RN

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I love the arrow heads. Sorry about your knee. That's why I keep a pint of Evan Williams in the truck. Just for emergencies of course.

HH, RN

Ha! I know that guy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread