Back to the new old dump

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detector in tow headed back to the local old dumping ground in the woods nearby to find the following 1800s-1900s items: several bottles one a Barber's Wildroot Hair Tonic bottle, 4 more Boyds Genuine Porcelain lined caps one labeled HFJ CO or Hero Fruit Jar Co, part of an old roller skate, a Mothers Salve Chicago white milk glass jar, an old ladle and saltshaker lid, and the most interesting a Jr Order of United American Mechanics pin/badge circa 1800s.This was an anti-Catholic American Nativist organization founded in Philadelphia in 1844. It was originally called the Union of Workers. Members were required to undertake efforts to publicize and campaign against the hiring of cheap foreign labor and to patronize only "American" businesses. The Junior Order was created in 1853. 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG View attachment 1548455 9.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 11

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Mosh! I'm a liking that hair tonic.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice stuff, looks like the stuff my dump gives up

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Old dumps are my favorite places to hunt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the bottles and cool pin. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread