Bank moves coin counter

This bank is only one of about 6 banks I use to dump. It's just the closest one. They know me there and are always nice. I might see if its better for them if I just bring in already counted bags of $200 so it's less work for them. The only problem with that is how long it will take to credit my account.

Ahhhh, yes great idea! I have one bank with a coin counter and I asked them if I could just bring in $50 bags of pennies so it wouldn't be so much work for them, and they jumped on that deal. I just weigh the bags to slightly over 27.6 pounds, seal them up and take them in. They give me the $50 cash right there. They attach them to my account though sometimes, but I make sure it is over usually around 50c over and that's fine with me because it's 50c to dump 5,000 pennies. Good deal in my book. I take them 2 bags a week when I'm doing coins. I have another bank that is willing to send them out and put "subject to count" on my bags but it would take 7-10 days to credit to my account.

Ahhhh, yes great idea! I have one bank with a coin counter and I asked them if I could just bring in $50 bags of pennies so it wouldn't be so much work for them, and they jumped on that deal. I just weigh the bags to slightly over 27.6 pounds, seal them up and take them in. They give me the $50 cash right there. They attach them to my account though sometimes, but I make sure it is over usually around 50c over and that's fine with me because it's 50c to dump 5,000 pennies. Good deal in my book. I take them 2 bags a week when I'm doing coins. I have another bank that is willing to send them out and put "subject to count" on my bags but it would take 7-10 days to credit to my account.

I never thought about them attaching it to my account. Seems like a good idea. That way I get my folding money and the bank is covered in case it's short. I'll be asking them the next time I'm in.

I have always found out that asking the teller if she or he minded if I made a deposit in coin if yes I ask if 5 or ten heavy bags will change their minds. because I deposit it they have no problem. I just write a check next week when new order comes in.
Don't feel bad at one bank I asked and they told me they would count it by hand so grab a chair. I said WHAT they said some other CRH abused the hobby and they got rid of him by doing this. I le3t them do it they came out 20$$ short I asked for the bags back and took them to their other branch and the count came out just right. so don't pi$$ off the tellers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back