Bank RObbery History

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone: I posted this in Cache hunting also, but IM trying to find info ,so, I thought maybe to post this here also ,,hope it is ok?
I am trying to find a internet site that tells Bank Robbery history,State by State ,Town by Town, it seems impossible,, So far Ive had No luck, I was thinking maybe the Pinkerton files may have what im trying to find info on, im Looking for Robbery Info from the early 1900's,late 1800's, does anyone know a sight to find this info?
The Robbery im trying to find Info on,is a Bank which Had a full Saddlebag of gold coins hanging on a nail just inside the vault on the right hand side,the Bank was robbed at night after closing, the robbers were not caught,,,the Bag was taken in the robbery along with other things, the Bank was somewhat south of Illinois, I have hand written directions to find this Saddlebag that were gave to my GG father in 1911.,,it's a very long Story, Ive done some reasearch & the Farm it is suppose to be buried on was right where these directions say it was, the robbers were not from the area where the loot is buried, Im assuming the story I was told is true since, these guys Named the Farms name,, it was written on a Barn they passed,which is my starting point to find the Cache, I have Located the Barn,Just Curious what Bank it came from. How could I ever Find this info not knowing what town ,,,state,, it came from? I only know a saddlebag of gold was taken in the robbery,along with paper money & Silver coins, the robbery was done at night by a Locksmith, & they were not caught? I know it doesn't matter which Bank,but Id like to find it ,im Curious,anyone have any ideas???
Les

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
??? Les, I don't know what to tell you on finding the info your looking for, not knowing the city or other info to start with. If it were me and I had permission to hunt I'd jst go for it.
I would give myself a few days hunting before giving up if you don't find anything right off the bat. You said you have been to the barn in the story so look for things that the robbers might have used for markers, ie: old well, big trees, rock outcroppings, that kind of stuff. If the robbers didn't know the area they had to use some outstandng landmark so they could go back and dig up the loot. Take your time and o slow. I hope you have a twobox system as it might be deep! Good luck on your hunt and my the Gold and Silver Gods be with you.

Desertfox

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
les
the other thing that desertfox didn't mention is SHHHHH. keep it quiet, don't give any specifics about what you're looking for, and/or where it potentially is, for 2 reasons. First, you don't want someone else to catch an inadvertent clue and beat you to it, (or piss off the farm owner, thereby preventing you from getting to it). Second, many of these boards are "monitored" or viewed, by various law enforcement entities. I would hate for you to find this cache, and then the IRS comes a-knocking on your door looking for their share.

keep it on the DL. good luck
steve

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Yeah man just to piggy back on that. Keep hush!! Not only because of the IRS but also because in my opinion you gave waaaaaaay too many details. There are some great researchers here on TN and i sure would hate for something bad to happen. Bud if you have a good idea where it is get out there and look for it and worry about the name of the bank after its secured. Keep quiet about when u are going and where u are going other than to your wife/GF/mom so just in case something happens they know where u are.

Be safe and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions