What's new

Bart at big boy hobbies did it once again

nutsdad

Full Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
241
Reaction score
119
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fast service excaliber ii ordered on Monday Memorial Day and its here at 10 am Friday Bart's the man in my book
 
Upvote 0
How was it shipped and at what cost?
 
It was included in price. And it was UPS big brown truck. So I don't know what it cost to ship. But it was at a great price
 
Seems Like I wasn't the only one itching for a new machine on Memorial Day...

I also ordered from Bart on Memorial day ( a fisher cz-21) I just checked tracking and it says out for delivery - WooHoo!!
 
Seems Like I wasn't the only one itching for a new machine on Memorial Day...

I also ordered from Bart on Memorial day ( a fisher cz-21) I just checked tracking and it says out for delivery - WooHoo!!

Congrats on the fisher.
 
I have to commend Bart too. A few months ago I ordered a CTX3030 from him with the large and 6" coils. He gave me a fantastic price and threw in a bunch of goodies and the machine was shipped the next day (I ordered late in the day). Definitely a fan. Thanks Bart!
 
It was included in price. And it was UPS big brown truck. So I don't know what it cost to ship. But it was at a great price

Sure can’t beat free shipping!
One of the prices that one pays for living in paradise is having it stuck to you in so many different ways. Paying the extra cost from the closest costal location would be fair but we have to pay for full cost from distributers /manufacturers location.

USPS Priority Mail is the cheapest and safest way to ship to Hawaii and is usually the fastest – I normally receive an item within two to three days from went it is initially shipped (held overnight on Oahu).

As it takes an additional two to three day for mail sent from Hawaii, to get to mainland destinations . I usually return items for repair through UPS (not ground) as they have convenient location on island and are very helpful. I make sure that the box has to be signed for when it is delivered as I have had problem(s) with theft of items left on doorstep.

If at all possible, I avoid using Fed Express, which many companies require you to use. Since they do not fly out on Saturday and Sunday overnight delivery is a joke, since if you send by USPS priority it will usually get there before. It’s an expensive joke at that - even though they cannot deliver they charge you the full amount, that is unless you can drop everything and bust your tush to deliver it to them at the airport early Friday morning before the one flight leaves.
 
Last edited:
Sure can’t beat free shipping!
One of the prices that one pays for living in paradise is having it stuck to you in so many different ways. Paying the extra cost from the closest costal location would be fair but we have to pay for full cost from distributers /manufacturers location.

USPS Priority Mail is the cheapest and safest way to ship to Hawaii and is usually the fastest – I normally receive an item within two to three days from went it is initially shipped (held overnight on Oahu).

As it takes an additional two to three day for mail sent from Hawaii, to get to mainland destinations . I usually return items for repair through UPS (not ground) as they have convenient location on island and are very helpful. I make sure that the box has to be signed for when it is delivered as I have had problem(s) with theft of items left on doorstep.

If at all possible, I avoid using Fed Express, which many companies require you to use. Since they do not fly out on Saturday and Sunday overnight delivery is a joke, since if you send by USPS priority it will usually get there before. It’s an expensive joke at that - even though they cannot deliver they charge you the full amount, that is unless you can drop everything and bust your tush to deliver it to them at the airport early Friday morning before the one flight leaves.

I understand completely. I have a daughter and grand baby that live on the big island. And if I send boxes ( Christmas or birthday ) they get lost in California for weeks before they get to hawaii. USPS or UPS big brown truck most of the time
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom