Beach Help Please!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello jnmansfield,

Welcome to the forum!

You detector may work in the dry sand, but as you transition to the wet and below tide line you will have some difficulty. For these areas, I use the Garrett Infinium L/S PI detector, other company models also work well in these conditions. As members have stated, most of us have multiple machines for different hunting situations. In many cases its the only way to be the most productive.

Regards,

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO.... what i was saying even if you have to turn the AT Pro down in the salt water and only get a few inches.... if you are hunting in Miami you can find a lot of valuables that may not be very deep. I mean ... its Miami. As far as pulling coins from 2.5 ft..... you got one hot machine, dont ever sell it.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent! I don't think he may find somthing with his detector on the beach..

He is having a great time and enjoys newbie detection, I hope I'll still be able to detect when I'll have his age :thumbsup:

For those how are interested about this wannabee detector:

$24,99 - Why pay more?

View attachment 1110989

Top electronics, intuitive screen : YELLOW batteries are OK, RED need change them
View attachment 1110992

100% plastic carbon like style
View attachment 1110990

Coil replacement possible, 5" is the stock coil, optional DIC (Domestic Iron Coil [emoji767]) is a must have for couple adventures at home, find with ease your buttons, zips...enjoy detection with your wife... +$7,99 only!
View attachment 1110991 View attachment 1110993

You can contact OBN for Mods, I'm working on a Waterproof version, and I hope GraveDiggerMax will make a review on it....:laughing7:

That's mean- the video, toying with the old guy

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I realize garrett says the ATP will ground balance in saltwater. My experience has been its not very good at this. If you manage to get it stable, through lowering the sensitivity and balancing, its not going to find much. Its best used on the dry land or fresh water.

This is my experience on Florida SE beaches/water. I used the ATP exclusively for over 3 years. Once I got an Excal II, the difference was night and day for wet/water hunting in the saltwater.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread