What's new

Beach/sand scoops

Jcostin

Full Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
116
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't seem to find any for sale on the site, so I thought I'd give this a shot...anyone got "too many" and possibly be looking to pass some savings along?
 
Upvote 0
Check out eBay also, you can sometimes scoop up a deal on a used one :hello2:
 
Haven't been able to find much on eBay...except the ones from Europe. Honestly, I'd rather keep my money in the US.
 
Are you handy? Why not make one!
I picked up a feed scoop, from a farm tool supply store. Drilled lots off 1/4" holes and attached a metal rod with steel wire. Cost about $12 for the galvanized feed scoop. The metal rod was hanging around the house. But any hardware store will have
various options. It takes some time, but mine works great! Sorry I'd post a pic, but I'm at work now. Yeah, hard working boy! lol
 
This may sound stupid, but... I have bad joints and swinging a scoop just didn't work for me. So, some 20 years ago I switched to a short D handle shovel. Really cheap, goes deep the first time and i have done really well with it.
BTW, same shovel, 20 years:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom