Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best wheat box back in 2014------ 144 found--- enough to feed Rosie O'Donnell for 2 hours :laughing9:

got an '09 from reject tray once--- sold for $10 :happysmiley:

my LCS pays 2 cents for common wheats with no green rot---- sold many rolls to him at 2X face,

the early Coppahs can yield up to a buck (no fawns allowed) or two---- as with young floozies and even older ladies------- condition is everything :laughing7:---- just ask Bill Cosby :laughing9:

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
This hobby is therapy for alot of us. I love going out bank hopping. Lots of times I take my son with me. Boxes you got to take the good with the bad. I've had a lot of skunk boxes but also some very good ones (still looking for my first dream box). The thrill of one good box makes up for 10 skunks.
As far as stacking. I decided to do something nice for my wife (and me). With my not worth your time hobby I am having my wife pick out granite counter tops to replace the old formica tops and having the kitchen cabinets refinished. Painted white over the old oak that she always hated.
I know this is not the best time to sell but, I'm only selling about half my stack and there is still alot more out there to find.
I have also put together an almost complete Whitman Franklin half dollar book and 25 coins in my Walking Liberty half dollar book.
For me it has not been a waist of time. My wife jokes with me saying that I took a hobby and turned it into and obsession.
She is pretty happy with getting a new kitchen. Plus, it should bring up the value of our house should we ever sell.
HH and keep stacking

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've actually found two 14-Ds before. One of them even graded AU-58. I find them when I look through junk collections and wheats at my LCS.

That's pretty cool. It's amazing what coin dealers leave lying around in their bargain bins, etc. I once pulled a real diamond ring out of a Cracker Jack box. A week later, I bought a pack of hockey cards at Kmart and pulled a Michael Jordan rookie out of it! And he doesn't play hockey! You and I seriously need to start playing the lottery.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's pretty cool. It's amazing what coin dealers leave lying around in their bargain bins, etc. I once pulled a real diamond ring out of a Cracker Jack box. A week later, I bought a pack of hockey cards at Kmart and pulled a Michael Jordan rookie out of it! And he doesn't play hockey! You and I seriously need to start playing the lottery.

The lottery is just a tax on stupid people. :(

engine823

Dec 30, 2017
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
My vote is that we rename "successful" boxes "Death&Taxes" boxes because the whole hobby is a waste of time. You can make more money and have more fun doing literally anything else. Stop wasting away your lives for a few measly wheaties.

Your wasting plenty of your time posting on this forum for free. Move on!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the wheat score! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread