What's new

Beautiful Day to Pull Silver PART II

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the permission today. I discovered that the house was build in 1885. I put 5 hours in and am only 40% done with the 1st pass grid. I dug wheats galore, 27 total. :thumbsup: (1909, 11, 17, 19, 19S, 25, 27, 29x2, 29S, 30, 35D, 36x2, 40, 42, 42Dx2, 44, 46x2, 46S, 49, 51Dx3, and one unknown date). I also pulled silvers #42 & #43, a 1964 quarter and a 1941 Merc. :hello2: Pulled my 3rd ever buffalo nickle (1926), :icon_thumleft: 2 sterling silver rings, :goldtrophy: and my 3rd ever Roy Roger's Good Luck Token. :hello: I did some research on the US 312 collar insignia, it's a cool piece of history. :icon_thumright:

WW1 US Army 312th Infantry 78th Division

• Activated: 27 August 1917.
• Overseas: May 1918.
• Major Operations: Meuse-Argonne, St. Mihiel.
• Roll of Honor: two Medal of Honor recipients
• Casualties: Total-7,144 (KIA-1,169; WIA-5,975).
• Commanders: Maj. Gen. C. W. Kennedy (23 August 1917), Brig. Gen. J. S. Mallory (28 November 1917), Brig. Gen. James T. Dean (28 December 1917), Maj. Gen. Hugh L. Scott (2 January 1918), Brig. Gen. James T. Dean (16 March 1918), Maj. Gen. J. H. McRae (20 April 1918).
• Inactivated: June 1919.

Today's Notable Finds

20151030_165950.webp


All of Today's Digs

20151030_164904.webp

Like always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

Isn't this the best hobby ever..:goldmedalred:
 
Upvote 60
Way to go!! Great finds keep us posted.... :occasion14:
 
Damn good hunt LD your killer...
 
Great site... They sure did lose a bunch of stuff there! :-)
 
Congratulations on finding a productive unsearched site. My permissions seem to have either been thoroughly picked over or didn't have much to begin with.
 
Sweet, haven't been out in three or four weeks work work work blah blah blah but you guys finding stuff keeps me interested and wanting to go.
 
Great bunch of finds. Looks like you have a great spot to hunt. Go get some more.

george
 
That was a great haul!!!! You certainly have a great spot!!!! Now lets see that half $ that's waiting to be found! :laughing7:
 
Your on fire! Great hunt, I love the token along with all the other stuff. Keep digging brother!
 
Great Day!

I'm startin' to think this is the best hobby ever too. I used to think brewing beer was. Wait a minute.................Big Wave Dave gave me an idea!
 
Yes THIS IS the best hobby ever !!!...omg great gobs of awesome finds...what a day you had...congrats and can't wait to what the additional gridding will turn up...good luck..hh..ddf
 
Great hunt, love the old coppers coins!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom