What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Been sitting on this one for a while

Georgivs

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2018
Messages
1,016
Reaction score
2,321
Golden Thread
0
Location
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this solid brass object near a 1900's dump. Machine thread screw holes (first pic), slightly angled, place it at not much earlier than that. solid brass with bits of iron stuck to the bottom? I was thinking part of a tractor engine but can't place it exactly.
PXL_20220502_004434095.MP.webp


PXL_20220502_004348949.MP.webp



PXL_20220502_004400726.MP.webp
 
Odd piece. I don't really have any idea, but here are my impressions: in the second picture, the very top looks like it fits into another part that allows it to swing and the tongue at the bottom seems like it looks like it would be behind another part. Good luck.
 
Upvote 2
Fuel tanker opening for pumping fuel into or out of a giant tank hauled by a semi?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom