Before 7th Century?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas of this coins place of origin?

Ancient Coin1.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jewish Revolt coin. 70ADish

View attachment 1880955

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Jewish_Revolt_coinage

How you doin'? Don't see you around here much. ;-)

Thank you, Charlie P (NY) I have looked all day through all Roman Coins, Greek Coins and Italian along with British. Many Many Many Thanks! I have been researching and reading. This is just wonderful. The date and origin is outstanding. This coin was found in Tennessee. I have another piece found in Nicholas County, Kentucky that was used to make "linen clothes" in the 6th Century on the North American Continent when this country was called ANNWN, "The Other World," 900 years before Christopher Columbus. I know anyone could have dropped the coin at any time in History. But I also know this coin has been buried since the 6th or 7th Century. Again thank you Charlie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need better pictures of both sides & the edge, looks like it might be a copy??

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts too and hasn't been buried in Tennessee since the 6th or 7th Century (in my humble opinion).
True, but real ancient Greek & Roman coins have been found in the US, probably the kids playing with them outside from Dad's collection.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread