What's new

Belt Buckle Design Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter AK in KY
  • Start date Start date
A

AK in KY

Guest
I found a buckle in Kentucky that is the same design as the ones which have an oval with letters inside. Mine have the letters K.S.G. Does anyone know what that stands for. I have been told it may be Kentucky State Guard, which were the confederates I believe.

AK in KY
 
Upvote 0
can you get a pic?

that would help. may be a milita or military school buckle.
 
Tom

Next time mine son is here I will have him take a pic for me. Thanks

AK in KY
 
Here is a photo of the plate.
 

Attachments

  • IM000024.webp
    IM000024.webp
    58 KB · Views: 263
AK, Your buckle is a KY. State Guard circa 1874. Patterned after the U.S. plate of the period. trk5capt...
 
Wow!!! Nice find!!!

Nana
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom