What's new

Benefit of detecting in the woods. No people and lots of cool critters!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
8,045
Golden Thread
1
Location
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't found much lately in the woods, but I have spotted a lot of cool critters. Here's few of them:

Barred Owl

barred owl cropped.webp

Baby American Woodcock

baby woodcock.webp

Wood Turtle

wood turtle.webp
 
Great finds!! :thumbsup:
 
Beautiful critters! It doesn't getmuch better than that. I love the shot of the Timberdoodle!
HH
dts
 
I also MD in the woods a lot. Well... that's my only option unless I drive somewhere. I walked right upon a pair of newborn fawns. One was trying to stand up and the other was still soaked. I left quickly and came back in about 4 hours. Fawns were gone but I assume they were very close.

Good post guy!!!!!
 
Glad you guys like the photos! I always bring a camera, just in case I spot something cool. Even when I get skunked, I still have something good to show for the effort.
 
Glad you guys like the photos! I always bring a camera, just in case I spot something cool. Even when I get skunked, I still have something good to show for the effort.

I need to take a camera along also... I'm ALWAYS seeing really cool things and then wished I had a camera with me. You did a good job!
 
That Owl is cool now!

GOD Bless

Chris
 
nice pic's Tim. Agree the Owl is awesome. Nice shot dude!
 
Woods are good-------about all I used to hunt when relic and CIV detecting.:icon_thumleft: Quiet and peaceful especially if you have a dog to alert you of strangers. :occasion14:
When someone surprises me I immediately reach for my shoulder rig and that is sometimes embarrassing so a dog is good.
Marvin
 
Your owl is cooler, but this is what I saw this spring.
 

Attachments

  • PORK4.webp
    PORK4.webp
    283.4 KB · Views: 107
Cool! Is that a baby woodchuck?
 
Looks like it. We'll be having some in the next couple weeks as well.
 
Day before yesterday...

87a596d164125cd037e91cb3b1994b91.jpg
 
Hmm...and that must be a snapping turtle. Gee, I'm good at this game!! :-\

Beautiful photo Tejaas. Thanks for posting. That one is deserving of its own thread!! :3some:
 
HEY! When you send somebody out snipe hunting you're not supposed to come back with pics of real snipe!

You're making parents who (like me) have sent their children (and all their ex-friend's) children out snipe hunting look bad. Geez!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom