Bennington, whats it worth?

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
not too much...the size is important...are they bigger than an inch???the regular size in good condition...brown...might bring a dollar....the price increases for the bigger ones....blues are about the same...the facies bring more...pink is the most valuable...

OP
OP
B

Bruddahbanzai

Jan 5, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Duffytrash, thanks for the info. My Benningtons are not bigger than an inch but they sure are pretty. I have always been a bottle collector however those marbles always spark me up when moving earth looking for treasure.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
thats great .....i got addicted to marbles years ago by diggin at the old marble factory dumps...in old dumps archelogists date the dumps by the marbles found there...thats one way....marbles are kewl and a great pass-time for me....post all your finds....

OP
OP
B

Bruddahbanzai

Jan 5, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
duffytrash, I do have a few other marbles that I found that may be clay. I am hesitant to post because I am not sure if they are just common stuff. I guess, I will give them a wash and post.
Mahalo(thank you in Hawaiian) for the info, I enjoyed your quick story on how you found your passion.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
keep scratchin around those dumps youll keep findin marbles...sooner or later a few glass one will pop up...the clays were called commies back in the day so youre gettin a grasp of the hobby already...those benningtons date up to the 1920s from the 1880s...they made glass marbles too back then..mostly in germany ..its been spectulated that the benningtons were used as ballast in some ships maybe you can ck that out over there in any maritime mesuems and what not...but some collectors dont agree but its not been debunked...the first machine made glass marbles were made in ohio in the early 20s so up till the early 60s they were made by the millions daily...now theres only 2 american marble factories and they dont make marbles everyday....the reason the marble production fell off was cheap asian imports...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread