What's new

bent/sliced 1909 S...VDB? keeper???

snappy

Full Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
225
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well doing the two bags of pennies ($100) came across a very ugly wheat I could read 19?9 and thought I could make out a mint mark placed it under the micro scope and it is a 1909 S I don't know if it is vdb or not I could not make it out but as you can see from the pictures it is very bad condition/corroded. I think I will have no choice but to clean this coin. (I cannot do much more damage)
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001F.webp
    MVC-001F.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 285
  • MVC-002F.webp
    MVC-002F.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 301
  • MVC-003F.webp
    MVC-003F.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0
Re: bent/sliced coin keeper?

i'd keep it just becuase its an old wheat. :)
 
Re: bent/sliced coin keeper?

I'd keep it- Do you really need the .02 (damaged coin the mint will pay metal content) you can get out of it?, and it doesn't take up much space. HH Mark
 
Re: bent/sliced coin keeper?

I have a few similar wheats that I have kept (none of any good dates though). It only costs a penny and that way you have proof that you found a 1909-S. Not many can say that.
 
Re: bent/sliced coin keeper?

If you do much metal detecting - especially around schools and athletic fields, you know how many mower damaged coins you find. If they're clad, pass one or two off per roll to get rid of them. If the metal is silver or copper, keep them. I have a box full of hundreds of zinc pennies that are so torn up from mower blades and fertilizer that they are worthless.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom