Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been doing a lot of research on this ,does anyone have any input as to any of his caches of buried money being found on any of his properties...thanks:icon_thumleft:

Although most people believed that Macfadden died nearly penniless, Johnnie Lee Macfadden (his 4th wife)claimed that there was still money - that it was buried at various locations across the country. She said that he had told her that he had buried money in steel cartridge boxes, and it amounted to millions! A couple people reported that they had seen Macfadden leave one of his hotels carrying a bag and a shovel and return with only the shovel. However, as far as we know, all attempts to locate the buried treasure have failed. Many people close to Macfadden said that the rumors of buried money were false - that there was no money left.

However, in 1960 a steel cartridge box was found buried on Long Island on some property once owned by Macfadden. It contained $89,000! Could it be that the rumor was true and there is actually some of the Macfadden fortune still buried?

I think is worth a look if lived in that part of the world. The house in New jersey that he bought in 1929 might have a hidden stash because of traumatic events of the stock market crash.Unfortunately the house and grounds are now a nature reserve.

Crow

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
However, in 1960 a steel cartridge box was found buried on Long Island on some property once owned by Macfadden. It contained $89,000! Could it be that the rumor was true and there is actually some of the Macfadden fortune still buried?

If you found a steel cartridge box that had been buried in the ground now, what condition would the cash be in after all this time?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know, but, I would like to find a box to find out. Good hunting and good luck.

captED

Greenie
Jun 7, 2010
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If it had a good seal and the money was wrapped with anything, which it usually is, I think it would be fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions