Best day ever! 24 dollar coins!

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Today was the last day of school so my mom let me stay home. I started the day off by visiting a few banks in our town and asking for half dollars. I got 10 halfs and I found 1 1966 40% silver half dollar. Next i went to peoples bank and asked for half dollars, they had 5 rolls, i bought them all. When i was leaving the bank the lady there said she had some big dollar coins in the drawer and asked if i would want them, i said sure. She pulled out a bag of 24 IKE dollars and i bought them all! At home when looking through the coins i found a 1974 double die half dollar! This truly was the best day for me ever. All the coins were in great condition. The lady at the bank said she could call me whenever the old man drops off more old or silver coins at the bank! :)

Attachments

• DSCF2085.JPG
    DSCF2085.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 899
Upvote 0
OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: Best day ever!

The wheat penny, 1959 nickel, and 1988 ms 68 pennies i got in a couple rolls of cents and nickels.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Best day ever!

Congrats on the IKE's there getting hard to find.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very, very nice....although an expensive clad coin to collect.

HH
-GC

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds CC and hope you enjoy your summer!

Nana ;)

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awsome coolcash, see it really does pay off to skip school once in awhile! :D
That's a bunch of nice Ike's!

Illinois Jeff

Feb 12, 2006
Hanover Park Illinois
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!! Everybody should remember about our senior citizens, they collect coins in cans, jars etc. for many years and unknowingly cash them in at banks. I just caught my 82 year grandfather going into a bank with a large coffee can full of silver. Ben franklins, mercuries etc. Needless to say he never made it to the teller and instead allowed me to exhange with him for face value and then some. Its great to have a bank contact. Keep that contact happy and sit back and wait, it sounds like the mother load will hit soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions