best find of the amatour :) (Scotland)

1bear

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started to gather fossils not so long ago, everything is new to me, shines like gold, every stone look like dinosaur bone atc.
Due to this fact I gathered all the bones that I found on the sea shore. Experts on the Natural Museum of London recognized my bones as "the parts of the butchered cow", :(
One night I have decided to bin them and I took everysingle one of them except from one, it was very thin, with tiny hole inside, looked a bit odd.
Before I put it back to my drawer I looked at it again and I discovered letters on it, Richmond & co and on the other side, Edinburgh.
It was actually a clay pipe, expert from London told me that it is very rare, as this manufacturer produced pipes only for 9 years, and he never saw any single one of them before.
It is in poor condition as it was found on the sea shore, but It is my best finding so far :)
veryyyyyy happy
(was wondering if its worth anything, I`m not into clay pipes, would you suggest how much it could be worth?)
:)
love
1bear
pipe 001.JPG pipe 002.JPG pipe 008.JPG

Upvote 0

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could help with a value, but I can't. However, I can congratulate you on an awesome find, so Congrats and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread