What's new

Best hunt of my life. Key-Date IHP + Silver HALF DOLLAR!

PenguinDetectsCA

Full Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2026
Messages
237
Reaction score
1,100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Did not expect this to happen today, and I am not exagerating on the title. After losing in baseball this morning I decided to do a short hunt.
Well, right off the bat 1914-s wheat. Almost the rare 1914-d but not quite.
Then I take a few steps forward and what do I see on the surface? A Indian! 1908. I put it in my pocket and Little did I know it was 1908-s, which is the 3rd rarest Indian (just over a million minted) Google said $115 for G condition. Crazy!
image.webp
image.webp


After finding another wheat the Equinox shouted 34-35. It sounded so good but every single time in my life this turns out as a huge hunk of metal or something bad.
But After pulling the dirt back I see this:
IMG_0931.webp

this blew my mind.
8 years bucket lister off the list. I can’t believe it, took me a while to calm down.
IMG_0932.webp


I find more wheats then a Mercury and a Washington. 3 silvers in one day, also a record.
image.webp

image.webp

Still on a cloud 😊
I don’t know if I’ll surpass this ever again 😅

Thanks for looking
 
Last edited:
Upvote 37
Did not expect this to happen today, and I am not exagerating on the title. After losing in baseball this morning I decided to do a short hunt.
Well, right off the bat 1914-s wheat. Almost the rare 1914-d but not quite.
Then I take a few steps forward and what do I see on the surface? A Indian! 1908. I put it in my pocket and Little did I know it was 1908-s, which is the 3rd rarest Indian (just over a million minted) Google said $115 for G condition. Crazy!
View attachment 2265065View attachment 2265066

After finding another wheat the Equinox shouted 34-35. It sounded so good but every single time in my life this turns out as a huge hunk of metal or something bad.
But After pulling the dirt back I see this:
View attachment 2265057
this blew my mind.
8 years bucket lister off the list. I can’t believe it, took me a while to calm down.
View attachment 2265063

I find more wheats then a Mercury and a Washington. 3 silvers in one day, also a record.
View attachment 2265064
View attachment 2265067
Still on a cloud 😊
I don’t know if I’ll surpass this ever again 😅

Thanks for looking
Great finds. I wish I could've gotten finds like that, especially the Walker as I love that design. I'm partial to the Silver Eagles as well for the same reason. Never heard of anybody finding a Silver Eagle yet, but who knows, right?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom