NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it wasn't even metal
went to a small salt water beach that goes back to the 1800s but sees very little use now a days
Have gotten many antique gold rings from here dating in the late 1800s and early 1900s
as well as old coins
Why was I the only one in the water - cause temps up here hit 50 - I suited up and headed out for the
low negative tide - I walk 50 yrds to the water then 50 yrds to chest deep and put my mask on and turn my machine on
I put my face in to see what the visability is and what the bottom looks like - I look straight down and see a
brown unnatural looking item on the bottom - I try to focus and it looks like an artillery shell
the item only has about of third of itself showing - I see a flat bottom - straight sides and a round top
I quickly run machine over it and get no reading - it's not metal - it is brown and covered with other growth
I think it might be something made of wood - I nudge it with my foot and expose a neck
OH Yeah! I think I got a bottle... but is it intact? I carefully lined my scoop behind it and lift it up - it barely
fit in my scoop - I grab it by the neck and pull it out - it's complete! Covered with all kind of dead sea creatures
I can see that it took a cork. Im happy - but Im 100 yards away from my vehicle - what do I do - I start in a little
but hard to carry it - my scoop and my machine...its full of small pebbles, shells and black sand and it aint coming out.
I start doing the "pee pee dance" ,,,Which is like Lou Costello when he dances in place cause he does not know what to do.
So I ended up putting it in my finds pouch - it just fit and was real careful not to bump it - as you can see it survived
Im away from home but got most of the sediment out - will clean it better when I get home in a few days.
Bottle is embossed and says BUFFALO LITHIA WATER on it - my Gf looked it up and found it already
It was a health water said to cure just about everything - cool find in my book
One of the reasons I always wear a mask when I hunt water - bonus finds
Ive found over 20 old bottles over the yrs - find newer ones too and remove those too so they don't get broken
Its a keeper. It haad lot more crud on it when found - lot knocked off in pouch - pic is from back of car
2nd pic is after a little cleaning - lip is intact - that is just caked crud on right side
thumb90509.jpg thumbna192633.jpg [SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did find a half of an old gold ring also
thumbnail_20180909_191102.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice ole bottle.Congrats

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bottle looks great cant wait to find out how old it is . metal detecting is a little like fishing sometimes you get some by catch and that aint bad nice going

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bottle looks great cant wait to find out how old it is . metal detecting is a little like fishing sometimes you get some by catch and that aint bad nice going
if you look up BUFFALO LITHIA WATER - you will find more info
my gal looked it up - she says 1900-1909
here is pic of one similar
thumbnail_NMAH-AHB2006q11769.jpg

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these 2 were found at same beach but were fanned up while looking for metal targets in some rocks
had I scooped for the targets - I may have broken them - but area was to hard to get scoop in (rocks as big as your head)
so I dropped down and fanned for them - there could be many more inthere - if not for metal being with these - I would not
have gotten them. I found 2 Barber halves same day where these were found
Q3.JPG [SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a Great save Mr Casper!! Love to see pics once it is cleaned. And Congrads on the yellow! Another oldie!

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that bottle cleaned up great I can see a lot of detail when you fan up bottles they may be dirty lookin but clean up nice

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a Great save Mr Casper!! Love to see pics once it is cleaned. And Congrads on the yellow! Another oldie!
was wondering if I should completely clean or leave some crust on it for character
stil have it wrapped in a towel

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great find leave some crust on it for character

Top Member Reactions