What's new

Best settings for the whites dual field.

nor kal kid

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
317
Reaction score
401
Golden Thread
0
Location
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purchased a whites dual field ,went out to the beach today to test it out.seems like my only solid signals were nails.I only found about 75 cents in change,little help with the settings.
 
I'm in SoCal. For the beaches down here, I usually set my threshold only about a qtr turn. Some guys turn up the threshold til you can just hear it. Discrimination just to "on" but all the way down. Volume to taste. If I have days with very few recent drops (loud targets), I slow down and listen for "whisper" tones. Sometimes these will be deeper targets or very small targets like small
pierced earrings. The PI machine is very good at the beach. I don't miss much, but I dig everything.
 
I'm in SoCal. For the beaches down here, I usually set my threshold only about a qtr turn. Some guys turn up the threshold til you can just hear it. Discrimination just to "on" but all the way down. Volume to taste. If I have days with very few recent drops (loud targets), I slow down and listen for "whisper" tones. Sometimes these will be deeper targets or very small targets like small
pierced earrings. The PI machine is very good at the beach. I don't miss much, but I dig everything.

Thank u i will try them settings.i tried putting a nickel in the sand to see what it sounded like and it barely would pick up the nickel a quarter sounded solid is that how it should be or were my settings off.
 
In the instruction manual, it tells you to adjust threshold to just audible and adjust the gain to smooth out the threshold tone. A little pulse delay is sometimes required to know out outside interference for power lines ect. Have a look on YouTube at MTG. Dualfield whisper tones. Video.
 
In the instruction manual, it tells you to adjust threshold to just audible and adjust the gain to smooth out the threshold tone. A little pulse delay is sometimes required to know out outside interference for power lines ect. Have a look on YouTube at MTG. Dualfield whisper tones. Video.

I did that last night im pretty sure i got it now thank you.
 
In the instruction manual, it tells you to adjust threshold to just audible and adjust the gain to smooth out the threshold tone. A little pulse delay is sometimes required to know out outside interference for power lines ect. Have a look on YouTube at MTG. Dualfield whisper tones. Video.

So are most of the signals whispers or are some lets say ring signals for instance solid tones like on a mxt.
 
I cannot answer this honestly as I am yet to find a gold ring, but I would image it all depends on the depth, size and purity of the gold. I'm sure there is someone on here who will give you a better answer than this.
 
You should get a lot of solid tones for most recent drop targets. Most faint/whispers are deeper or very small targets.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom