What's new

Best Three Books on Gold Prospecting

landman

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
86
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York
Detector(s) used
DRS Ground Exper
3 Foot Probe
Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What say you?
 
Upvote 0
Any of Dave Mccrackens books.
 
Try Handbook for prospectors by Pearl/Vonbernewitz...How to find Gold by Ion Idreiss...books by Jack Black.......what type of prospecting????
 
stream and land with a metal detector. Not in the land of OZ though.
 
For a detector or drywasher tutorial Jims manuals can't be beat. EXTREMELY well written and by using the pamplet form not expensive either! Good man--good material-Tons a au 2 u 2-John
 
dave wiseman said:
Try Handbook for prospectors by Pearl/Vonbernewitz...How to find Gold by Ion Idreiss...books by Jack Black.......what type of prospecting????


+1. Pearls book is amazing! Also I'd like to throw in "Rocks and Minerals" by Simon and Schusters, and "Prospecting for Gemstones and Minerals" by Sinkankas.
 
I'm surprised no one mentioned Roy Lagal. Any reason, I've never read his stuff.
 
I know Jim Straight personally, we have sat and had coffee, metaldetected together, he's full of knowledge and shares it freely. His books got me over my first nugget with a detector. and what he writes is truth not fiction. Very best for anyone wanting to get started detecting. Grubstake
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom