What's new

Big sterling thimble

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made yet another stop at my spot on the way to work and only got one nice find. I always wanted a silver thimble and today was the day. Its around early 1900's and I put a bit of info on the maker in a picture below. It's a bit beat up but I'll take it. Thanks for looking! [emoji2] ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465596444.648623.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465596454.412256.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465596460.797050.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465596472.847513.webp
 
Upvote 32
Found a little more info on the maker marks. I think mine matches the top one...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465681092.872414.webp
 
The mighty F2 strikes again. Congrats on digging the silver thimble K1DDO. :occasion14:

Depending on how it was in the ground I would imagine it rang up somewhere between a dime and quarter VDI reading.
 
The mighty F2 strikes again. Congrats on digging the silver thimble K1DDO. :occasion14:

Depending on how it was in the ground I would imagine it rang up somewhere between a dime and quarter VDI reading.

Thanks. I'm loving the new upgrade and I did finally get out with the new machine for a bit the other night and instantly got a deep silver quarter. The f2 treated me so well over the years it's not going to be retired any time soon. Probably keep it as my detector to take on work trips,etc. just in case! [emoji106]
 
I love finding thimbles congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom