What's new

Biggest Coil for a Tesoro

doggoneitdignit

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
762
Reaction score
409
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Black Vaquero w 5.75" Con & 11x8 RSD, Compadre 8", T2 w 11"DD, Ace 300i w 7x10", Vanquish 440 w V10, & Simplex+ SP28.
Past: Whites 4000D Ser 3 w 8" Con, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta 18Khz.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just out of curiosity what is the biggest coil one has ever put on their Tesoro? Obviously an aftermarket coil but how big?

Thanks
 
Just out of curiosity what is the biggest coil one has ever put on their Tesoro? Obviously an aftermarket coil but how big?

Thanks

I like the 12x10 Widescan lol, seriously, wasn't bad balance at all. Tried a 14x10 on a Garrett and the 15" round on a F70, just felt horrible.....

Saw a show guys hunting meteorites, homemade contraction out of PVC pipe and wire pulled behind a 4 wheeler, when they got a hit, one would jump out with a metal detector.

I think meteorites are worth much more than gold.

I'd guess the box coils like Garrett has is the way to go. In searching Tesoro, I don't see anything yet.

What are you looking for?

Kinda high:
http://accuratelocators.com/
 
Last edited:
I was surfing utube looking at some deep VLF detectors other then the great pi out there specially the Minelab products but Detech Relic caught my eye as a VLF detector with the big coil what it was picking up and just curious how it would perform against the Tejon and if the was using a large Big NEL or a Giant Cors 15x17 coil on it as it gains +40% vs 9x8 stock? Therefore I posted a Head to Head comparison on the two, just waiting to see if I get any hits..and wasn't really out looking for anything in particular.

 
Last edited:
I had just purchased a new Mojave and hope to get it in a day or two.
 
If wasn't at your door on Friday now Monday hope it arrives soon for you :icon_thumright:, wonder how big of a coil you can add to that Mojave other then Tesoro coils what aftermarket coils would work with it being a new device and what you can easily swing with comfortably for your 5 pin coil.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom