What's new

Bits and pieces

StephLeigh

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charleston SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a few of the pieces I found out at the beach yesterday. I know they are in poor shape, I just liked the "gembone" affect on a few. I would love some advice on a web page or book for learning some of the basics on fossil id. Thanks! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427829474.084513.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427829504.066791.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427829528.769542.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427829556.703267.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427829595.703599.webp
 
Nice Finds. What state are you hunting in?
 
South Carolina. This was my first true trip out actually looking for fossils. I enjoyed it. Ended up with about 8-10 lbs of clams and bone frags. It was fun [emoji3]
 
Well Steph, some of the material you have found may be easily polished up by a lapidary
artist.
They make excellent jewels cut to cabochons and mounted on a ring or pendant for a necklace.
You have some people near you that can help you if you so desire.

Jess B.
PS: Cool to see girls getting interested in collecting fossils.
 
Any idea on this piece? Just curious [emoji16]ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427904641.738397.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427904673.319808.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom