SugarSand
Sr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I found my 1st and only silver dollar 5 years ago.? Unfortunately, it has some evil black junk stuck on the front.? It's raised like a hard tar or something, and isn't the lovely toning I see on some old silver.? The back is also very dull and dingy unlike any other silver I have found.? I'd appreciate any ideas on how to help it out.? The usual baking soda rub did nothing to help.? I'll try something mild but nothing drastic because it's a nice conversation piece the way it is.



The dollar store has something called Gojo it will remover tar. My brother works with a road crew and this works on his clothes . Just let it sit on it as long has it takes and rub in and work off slowly if you have to. It won't harm the coin and it is cheap to try. Give it one more try and you will be very please I'm sure!







