Blessed by the silver Gods!!

COIL2SOIL

Mar 22, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It finally warmed up this afternoon after snowing yesterday so stratos and I decided to go out dirt fishing for a bit tonight. Found a few pennies the first hour and decided to go over to a different area. We started finding dimes then a nickel. Then a 1970 quarter pops out. Knew there had to be more. Then comes a 83 screaming into my headset. As I opened the plug, my heart starts racing as I see the shiny edge of something round. As I pull it out of the plug, I see legs and my heart stopped. "I found a walker" I yelled to him. So stratos comes walking over with a look of disbelief and as I hand it to him. He brushes off the dirt and I thought he was going to fall over laughing. "That's a nice looking walker token" as he hands it back. As I looked at it, my heart sank but I had to laugh and yes the front of the token is even more showing lol. So I tucked it into my pouch and trudged on. Not five minutes later, an 89 comes screaming in. Pulled open the plug and there it was, my very first silver quarter, 1957. Couldn't believe it. Definitely made up for the token that got me. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459730898.625353.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459730912.774490.jpg

Upvote 9

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the 57 silver. :occasion14: That Heads/Tails coin is sweet.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your tails coin is called a flipper token for obvious reasons. Heads I win, tails you lose. Nice finds.

OP
OP
COIL2SOIL

COIL2SOIL

Mar 22, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Any ideas on if it's just silver plated or possibly chrome? Came out of the ground just as shiny.

stratos

Mar 4, 2012
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I saw you sitting on the ground, both arms over your head say (yes yes yes) I thought you were praying to the silver gods. When you first saw the glint of silver from that heads or tails token.:laughing7:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Any ideas on if it's just silver plated or possibly chrome? Came out of the ground just as shiny.
I really cant tell from the picture. I have found 6 of them & they are all copper. Yours is the first silver colored one I have seen. It may be because its more modern. Check for Sterling or .925 markings on it, although silver wasnt always stamped either. You could take it to a jeweler & they could tell you.

OP
OP
COIL2SOIL

COIL2SOIL

Mar 22, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really cant tell from the picture. I have found 6 of them & they are all copper. Yours is the first silver colored one I have seen. It may be because its more modern. Check for Sterling or .925 markings on it, although silver wasnt always stamped either. You could take it to a jeweler & they could tell you.

Will do. Thank you for the help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread