What's new

Boken Outlaw

JoeDirty

Full Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2016
Messages
216
Reaction score
202
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Outlaw today and it is broken. Now I'm thinking of just sending back in trade for the Vaquero. What do y'all think? I have used the Vaq and i don't really care for the 8x9 concentric coil. Anyone here like the Vaq Black? I might consider it and order a separate coil with it. The outlaw came sealed up, when i opened the box i seen the toggle switch was broken clean off the machine. So I continued and assembled it to find that it was acting retarted when i tried to ground balance it. After a few minutes i realized the ground balance pot was all smurfed up as well. When i gently wiggle it the machine goes nuts!
 
I have both the compadre and the vaquero. I like them both. I do like the 5.75" coil for pinpoint accuracy.
 
Yea that was the coil i was going to get if i decide on the Vaq. I was thinking van black and the 5.75 concentric. I have that one on my compadre. I really like the 8" Concentric for little more coverage but still good sounds on coins. I don't care for the 8x9 that is factory on the vaq.
 
This is why we can't have nice things.

Did you buy it used? There's no WAY it came from TESORO that way, they always check their product BEFORE shipping.
Was it sealed? Did you buy it from a shop or have it delivered by the Disgruntled USPS. Beware the Mailman!
 
I got my Outlaw today and it is broken. Now I'm thinking of just sending back in trade for the Vaquero. What do y'all think? I have used the Vaq and i don't really care for the 8x9 concentric coil. Anyone here like the Vaq Black? I might consider it and order a separate coil with it. The outlaw came sealed up, when i opened the box i seen the toggle switch was broken clean off the machine. So I continued and assembled it to find that it was acting retarted when i tried to ground balance it. After a few minutes i realized the ground balance pot was all smurfed up as well. When i gently wiggle it the machine goes nuts!

Sorry to hear your Outlaw was damaged.

The Black Vaquero is an excellent detector it's the same as the Gray Vaquero but comes with the 8X11 RSD coil (a very good light and balanced DD coil). You said you did not like the 8x9 concentric coil that came stock on the Vaquero but I can tell you the regular 8" concentric round 4 pin donut coil is an excellent coil on the Vaquero and the Tejon. Also the 5.75 concentric and the 5.75 DD Widescan coils are excellent. All these coils have there place and they work very well in the inviroments they were designed for.

Pic's below of my favorite coils for the Tesoro Vaquero and Tejon, all excellent coils.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1565.webp
    IMG_1565.webp
    36 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1553.webp
    IMG_1553.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1590.webp
    IMG_1590.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1573.webp
    IMG_1573.webp
    109.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1575.webp
    IMG_1575.webp
    46 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1551.webp
    IMG_1551.webp
    93.2 KB · Views: 83
Bought it from a dealer online brand new sealed in the box from Tesoro with the Tesoro sealed tape and the box didn't even have a scratch on it. It was obviously boxed from the factory like this.
 
This is why we can't have nice things.

Did you buy it used? There's no WAY it came from TESORO that way, they always check their product BEFORE shipping.
Was it sealed? Did you buy it from a shop or have it delivered by the Disgruntled USPS. Beware the Mailman!

I hear ya, UPS flat out distroys stuff, post office is bad too (yes beware of the mailman) no respect by their employees. May have left Tesoro in good shape but been damaged by these Jug Heads with no respect that deliver the packages.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G
 
I really had my hopes on the outlaw but now i am rethinking it. Vaq black with extra 5.75 con and later the 8" donut for starters.
 
It was not the mail man. The box was in great shape. No dints or scratches. Tesoro needs to demote the blind man to licking stamps.
 
Bought it from a dealer online brand new sealed in the box from Tesoro with the Tesoro sealed tape and the box didn't even have a scratch on it. It was obviously boxed from the factory like this.

Call Tesoro and ask Allen what to do. They may tell you to send it back to that dealer, or may have you send it straight in to them for replacement. They won't mess around.

I would not go for a different model; my Outlaw works super.
No matter which Tesoro you finally decide on though, you won't go wrong with the 8" donut and 5.75" concentric coils.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom