What's new

Bone Button - most likely cattle bone - time frame think civil war era *

ivan salis

Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
16,836
Reaction score
3,816
Golden Thread
0
Location
callahan,fl
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
This was found in an area where 1700 and 1800 and later items were found.( civil war to modern date) It is bone - its bone. recently read that during the war southerners made a lot of bone buttons due to being unable to get them due to the blockades -- I have seen similar ones on ebay --morden made foe civil war reenactors but they do not have the three side cuts on each side like mine does== I personally think it is civil war to era 1800 era

The back is plain.and its 1 1/8th inch across in size --thinking a confederate haversack type button
 

Attachments

  • Bone button001.webp
    Bone button001.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 426
Re: Bone Button - possible whale bone - time frame needed

Cool button, you get a camera Ivan?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bone Button - possible whale bone - time frame needed

no wifes computer has a scanner linked to it -- got her to help me out
 
Upvote 0
bumping to see if I get more info on this --since I updated info on it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom