What's new

Bone Thing

bradyboy

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
3,530
Reaction score
1,361
Golden Thread
0
Location
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This came out of a very old sewing box, buttons, hatpins and so on
I'm clueless on this
Its clearly made of some kind of bone
Under a Glass it almost has the color and texture of a tooth
It is not machine made, it doesn't roll on a flat surface evenly, it wasn't lathed,
has a grain to it from one end to the other, minute pitting running along the grain
has an odd shape beveled end, as though it has a purpose
Brady
 

Attachments

  • bone 001.webp
    bone 001.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 318
  • bone 003.webp
    bone 003.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 327
  • bone 004.webp
    bone 004.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 316
maybe something along these lines:
 

Attachments

  • bone.webp
    bone.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0
Krescol -
WOW - WOW
Im impressed
I think we might have a Solved here
makes sense
Brady
 
Upvote 0
kinda looks like ivory, don't it??
 
Upvote 0
Ivory .. bone .. other.. it is still an awl. All we need now is the shock to go with it! :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • s&a.webp
    s&a.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
I thoughtit might be ivory due to the grain, color and pitting.
It came from a sewing box
It was my great grandmothers sewing round wicker box, it was full of cool buttons and stuff
I'm guessing from the 20-30s ?
Brady
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
Krescol -
WOW - WOW
Im impressed
I think we might have a Solved here
makes sense
Brady

Is it green check time .. or do you have doubts?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom