- #1
Thread Owner
Since things are a bit slow, I thought I would inquire about the Bonsteel park area of S. Brevard County. Somewhere along the line I have heard that coins were discovered in the area even though this area is about 4-5 miles from the northernmost 1715 wreck. I also stopped there just after a hurricanes and several MD folks were getting busy. At the time I was just happy to have my roof on my house. I wasn't interested in MD'ing then. There are many rumors in the South Brevard/Indian River area. Pardon me if I am rehashing something that has been discussed in lenght before.
?? Tell me more and I'm out the door. Seriously, the history of the area is very interesting. The area has lots of things to be interested in: treasure ships, rum runners, 1930s gangs and beach babes. The whole place was a pineapple plantation once and I heard that Howard Hughes once landed a plane here on the barrier island. Lots of interesting items down here.So any history you have on the Brevard south beach area is interesting. Thanks.






