What's new

Boot heel need ID

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2005
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
Location
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is a boot heel. Can anyone ID it more specificily

Thanks Clayton
 

Attachments

  • heel 002.webp
    heel 002.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 431
Its 'similar' to the Knights Templar Cross:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Cross-Pattee-alternate_red.svg

But I'm not sure if there is a connection (they are still an active Org.). This cross of course has many different uses & meanings.

Its by far the best & most interesting heel plate I have seen. Most of mine are junk but that one I would keep :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
The heel plate you found is from a soldier from the 5th Corps of the Army of the Potomac (US). The Iron/Maltese Cross was adopted by the 5th Corps officially March 21, 1863 Quite common for soldiers to wear their Corps affiliation on their boot or heel plates. Nice find!!

HH,
Sneaky6
 
Upvote 0
Hey Sneaky,

That's great information. Sure doe's make it more interesting when something can be identified that well.

Whats the coin you have in you avatar, at first I though it may be a Trade dollar or Bust dollar, but the wing
on the left side doe's not seem to be the same as these coins. That is an awesome coin. Did you dig it?

Clayton
 
Upvote 0
Clayton, that is a very nice find!!! I would be ecstatic with a find like that! WTG :thumbsup:

Rick
 
Upvote 0
Roadquest said:
Hey Sneaky,
That's great information. Sure doe's make it more interesting when something can be identified that well.
Whats the coin you have in you avatar, at first I though it may be a Trade dollar or Bust dollar, but the wing
on the left side doe's not seem to be the same as these coins. That is an awesome coin. Did you dig it?
Clayton
I don't really think its a coin, a token or stud or something like that. But could be wrong... Hey Sneaky do you have an answer?
 
Upvote 0
Roadquest said:
Hey Sneaky,
That's great information. Sure doe's make it more interesting when something can be identified that well.
Whats the coin you have in you avatar, at first I though it may be a Trade dollar or Bust dollar, but the wing
on the left side doe's not seem to be the same as these coins. That is an awesome coin. Did you dig it?
Clayton

Reading some of the other posts here Clayton, I found another couple of the "coin" in his avatar....
Look here

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,176904.0.html
 

Attachments

  • indexCA14D6W2.webp
    indexCA14D6W2.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom