What's new

Brass/Copper Ball Thing? Don't really know how to describe it!

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
2,395
Golden Thread
0
Location
South St Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What the #@!& is this thing? Found on a slope along with mason jar lids, bottles, broken plates, etc. from the late 1800's U.S.

IJ5RkZV.webp

While it may look flexible, like some sort of metal fabric, it is not. It is crushed, looks as though it may have been oval.
 
Reminds me of some lamp decorations I have seen.
 
Upvote 0
By the way, it is open like that on both ends.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a curtain rod tip
 
Upvote 0
I have no clue what this is but the first thing that came to mind is an exoskeleton of sorts for a gentleman’s nether regions lol!
 
Upvote 0
I call them "puff beads"... "Corrugated Rondelle" - ?
 
Upvote 0
My wag would be part of a vintage lamp finial...similar to these? :dontknow:



copper finial.webp il_794xN.1524104197_4qgs.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom