What's new

Brass something with Gilt

Breezie

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
2,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brass 'something' with Gilt

Hey Gang,
I was able to go to the beach for a couple of days this weekend, and found some neat items, which I'll post as a group later. I feel like this brass piece is a nothing, but did find it interesting because of the gilt and the verdigris. Any ideas on what it is? Thanks, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • BrassGiltTop.webp
    BrassGiltTop.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 227
  • BrassGiltBottom.webp
    BrassGiltBottom.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 224
Re: Brass 'something' with Gilt

dont know but ilike the words you use :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass 'something' with Gilt

No idea Breezie. Sorry
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass 'something' with Gilt

So you been beaching on me again heh? :D I think what you have there in my opinion is part of a door knob!Thats what I called this piece I found anyway! :wink: (might be a little older than yours) but same idea goes between knob and the door knob mounting plate!
Take Care!
Pete :hello:
If not could be part of a fishing rod handle would be my next guess! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0975.webp
    DSCN0975.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCN0976.webp
    DSCN0976.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 0
Re: Brass 'something' with Gilt

timekiller said:
So you been beaching on me again heh? :D I think what you have there in my opinion is part of a door knob!Thats what I called this piece I found anyway! :wink: (might be a little older than yours) but same idea goes between knob and the door knob mounting plate!
Take Care!
Pete :hello:
If not could be part of a fishing rod handle would be my next guess! :thumbsup:

Hey Pete,
Yep, I've been stomping around on your sand & surf . ..well, just up 58 from your area. It must have been graduation weekend since I had to weave in/out of the drunk, tattooed college kids. LOL At one time there were 5 people MD in the same area of the beach as me. Of course we stopped and traded lies, and I asked each one, is your name Pete . . .do you go to TNet?

I think you're right as far as it being a fishing rod handle piece because it's too soft to be a door knob neck. :thumbsup: on the ID.

I'm getting ready to make another post with a strange looking beaded wire that I'd like you to take a lookie, and see what you think.

Thanks for posting your pics & for the ID, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass 'something' with Gilt

Breezie said:
timekiller said:
So you been beaching on me again heh? :D I think what you have there in my opinion is part of a door knob!Thats what I called this piece I found anyway! :wink: (might be a little older than yours) but same idea goes between knob and the door knob mounting plate!
Take Care!
Pete :hello:
If not could be part of a fishing rod handle would be my next guess! :thumbsup:

Hey Pete,
Yep, I've been stomping around on your sand & surf . ..well, just up 58 from your area. It must have been graduation weekend since I had to weave in/out of the drunk, tattooed college kids. LOL At one time there were 5 people MD in the same area of the beach as me. Of course we stopped and traded lies, and I asked each one, is your name Pete . . .do you go to TNet?

I think you're right as far as it being a fishing rod handle piece because it's too soft to be a door knob neck. :thumbsup: on the ID.

I'm getting ready to make another post with a strange looking beaded wire that I'd like you to take a lookie, and see what you think.

Thanks for posting your pics & for the ID, Breezie
Have not been mding in over a couple months now Breezie. :( Keeping all these yards down here purdy! :laughing7: (landscaping) Busy right now for us! But it's putting $$$$ in my pocket so it will work! Doubt you will ever see me out on those beaches Breezie I do the more hidden thing myself! :wink:
Take Care!
Pete
 
Upvote 0
Re: Brass 'something' with Gilt

Looks like a busted grommet to me, but those aren't gilt. At least not the kind I buy. Maybe from a awning on the royal yacht? :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom