What's new

Break on through to the other side

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
No spectaclular finds lately, decided to try brand X at an old ballfield that I've just totally pounded, and have found Mercs, v-nick, silver trinkets, Indian, wheats, etc. This place was an ice skating rink in early 1900.
I thought that I had recovered all that was to be found.
In three hours total I rescued 10 wheats that I had been walking over previously, depths averaging 7 inches.
To those that may be interested, the dates be:

1919
1919S
1936
1937
1941
1944(2)
1945(2)
1957

AMC
 

Attachments

  • 092608.webp
    092608.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 214
Way to dig em Duane! Seven inches down is why people aren't finding those coins as most of the detectors don't get beyond 6 inches. Keep after them, there is bound to be some silver there that's been missed too!
 
Way to be persistent!

HH
 
Cool wheats. I find that to be cool, cause except for a 1910 wheat I've found, all my others date from 1942 to 1958. Older wheats could precede older silver.

With a little luck,
HH.
 
Must be brand X is part threshing machine by the looks of all that wheat! I know the feeling as I just got in from a hunt that just got me a little richer in the wheatie department. Keep up the great work bud! I'll be watching.


Happy Hunting
Slipperyjack47
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom