What's new

Bremerton Washington Newbie

SusanDuffy

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 26, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any metal detector folks in this area? Just purchased a metal detector and could use some help learning. Thank you.
 
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:
 
I live in Seattle but don't make it out there very often. I know of some folks that have done well on the peninsula though!

My pieces of advice:
-Start with your own yard
-Practice at park beaches
-Try some public parks in your area (if legal). Know that they've likely been hit before but sometimes you get lucky.
-Getting permission to hunt private property is amazing. No looking over your shoulder for busybodies and it's likely never been touched. Living in the city, I love hitting little yards and sidewalk strips. Neighbors and relatives are usually pretty accommodating. I do decently well in those types of sites finding lots of Wheaties and the occasional silver.

Good luck getting started!
-Washingtonian
 
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom