Bucket list coin

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this 1867 shield nickel in same area I'm finding all the Indian heads. It's not in great shape but I was able to read the date and has some detail. Made my day wasn't sure what I had at first.

image-1805156037.jpg

image-1865472554.jpg

Upvote 17
Sweet find man!! Need to find me some old coins some day.:blackbeard:
old home sites is the key. I'm hunting a field rite now that had a house on it in the 1800s. The great thing is it's only 200 yard from my house so I try to hit it after work when I don't have time to go anywhere.

Way cool. Don't ya just love when ya get one you have been wanting. Still several on mine. The half dime for some reason haunts me. Several seated dimes but no half dime. Also shield nickel.......3 cent and so on. A bucket full ha ha.:icon_thumleft:

Way cool. Don't ya just love when ya get one you have been wanting. Still several on mine. The half dime for some reason haunts me. Several seated dimes but no half dime. Also shield nickel.......3 cent and so on. A bucket full ha ha.:icon_thumleft:
me too but I'm slowly checking them off. Now I need to start finding seated coins.

Hope I can cross that off mine one day as well. I want one of those three cent silvers to go with it.

Oh Wow Kodiak that is indeed a nice find!! Definitely on my list field hunting! Bet that put a little 'giddy up' in your step!

Oh Wow Kodiak that is indeed a nice find!! Definitely on my list field hunting! Bet that put a little 'giddy up' in your step!
oh yea it's getting dark early here or I would be out there. I could get the flash lite lol.

Hope I can cross that off mine one day as well. I want one of those three cent silvers to go with it.
yea I'm going out there again tomorrow and I hope one of those three cent silvers are out there. So much iron it makes my pro go nuts but this shield was there and I knew it wasn't iron. I pulled a nail out of the hole too. It rang as a solid 60 on the at pro.

I love my AT Pro. Nice find, it's on my bucket list too!!!

Nice shape compared to mine, they are rare posts as they only made em a few years . Mine had rays

Very cool,still on my list.

That coin is still on my list. Its a tough one, congrats!

I have been over this same area with the ace 350 multiple times in the spring. Must of not been a dig able tone I must of passed on it. The iron audio and pro audio on the pro sure does make a diff for me.

Awesome shield nickel! ....sigh, I'm still searching for one.

Congrats! I just got my first a couple weeks ago, not as old as yours though (1882)

Got home early from work and went out in field for few minutes and found 1897 and 1907 Indian heads and then to my surprise a very nice crotal bell and best par is after I got dirt out of it it rang!!! Last one I found wouldn't ring so I'm loving this field.

image-2301982768.jpg

image-2587003883.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back