What's new

Buckle ?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,707
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this buckle? There are no markings on it that I can see.
 

Attachments

  • buckle 3.webp
    buckle 3.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 276
  • buckle 4.webp
    buckle 4.webp
    92.7 KB · Views: 259
  • buckle 5.webp
    buckle 5.webp
    112.6 KB · Views: 263
  • buckle 6.webp
    buckle 6.webp
    115.7 KB · Views: 255
Hello F1. What you have appears to be either a carbine sling adjuster or belt/suspender adjuster. Buckle Boy will tell you for sure! :thumbsup: Skypilot
 
Upvote 0
Dont think it is from a carbine sling,maybe suspender,but seems awful heavy for that?
 
Upvote 0
:hello:

looks like a Buckle from a lashing strap :P I think they are called Cam Buckles :)

SS
 

Attachments

  • oimg_GC00809094_CA00809166.webp
    oimg_GC00809094_CA00809166.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0
I'm wondering if it is an antique tourniquet buckle since it has the large teeth. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Survey says......

Actually I would have to say that it is a buckle from a military web belt used to hold up your pants. I have one on now. It has been used for years by all services. The same buckle was in use in 1976 when I was a member of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. A little brasso, a new web belt, and you can use it again. The piece of webbing was long so that the user could cut it to the proper length.

Bob
 
Upvote 0
RJGMC said:
Survey says......

Actually I would have to say that it is a buckle from a military web belt used to hold up your pants. I have one on now. It has been used for years by all services. The same buckle was in use in 1976 when I was a member of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. A little brasso, a new web belt, and you can use it again. The piece of webbing was long so that the user could cut it to the proper length.

Bob

Nailed It!!! Great job Bob!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I couldn't put my finger on it, but......That's EXACTLY right!! :thumbsup: Skypilot
 
Upvote 0
Thank You. It will get the green check now.
 
Upvote 0
RJGMC said:
Survey says......

Actually I would have to say that it is a buckle from a military web belt used to hold up your pants. I have one on now. It has been used for years by all services. The same buckle was in use in 1976 when I was a member of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. A little brasso, a new web belt, and you can use it again. The piece of webbing was long so that the user could cut it to the proper length.

Bob

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fyrffytr1 said:
Thank You. It will get the green check now.

Good Job!!! Thanks!! Skypilot
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom