Bunch of Typical Stuff & @ Few Cool Relics + Eyeball Finds.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. This is a bunch of typical finds for me from about four hunts or so. Sorry, I don't keep very good records of my hunting. Probably my favorite find is the old watch key winder as I have never seen or recovered one before. I actually found it on the surface with my eyeballs. I have dug quite a few beat up pocket watches but not a chunk of brass like the one I found here. Must have been a better watch? I think I have found four wheat pennies for my "keepers" coins. Two from fields that are toasted thanks to all the wonderful chemicals dumped on them. I found a 1917 & 1919 stacked on top of each other in the same hole today. I also found a poor folks brass ring. I must hunt only poor folks property cause I have found a few of those old brass rings and not many gold ones: ( I did find another old Eagle Infantry Button produced by Scoville. It was an eyeball find and it's caved in in the front. The silver war nickel was recovered from my coin stash in my command vehicle ash tray. I was getting ready to spend it in the munchy machine at work and noticed it looked like REAL money not clad. The Sacajaweea SP? was found on an old burn pile where they torched a house that was demolished in my town. I was sifting through the nasty burned out cinders and found her. She don't look so good. Anyhow, I've been hunting like a banshee but, not getting much top shelf goodies. Still having fun and getting together with other hunters more frequently is fun as well. Thanks for stopping by. Hope ya'll get some good stuff yourselves. Kurios1 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 005.JPG

Upvote 9
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. My buddy uses an old MXT with a D2 10" coil I "loaned" him. Here's a nice button he recovered yesterday. New York State Seal button. He loves that machine and has become pretty darn good with it. Always appreciate you stopping by. 001.JPG 002.JPG

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good assortment....I have never found an eye ball..........must of freaked you out a little.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm? Perhaps I need an editor? Not sure if I have ever found an eyeball or not? I've run across loads of bone fragments and entire critters deceased and all. Anyhow, it seems some of my better finds the last week or so have been recovered with my own eyeballs versus grabbing something under my coil. Ever since I was a child I have always scanned the ground looking for lost stuff. I still bend over to pick up stinkin' Zincolns. I have recovered many glass marbles and a few clay ones along my path since starting this treasure hunting adventure in 2008. Got a few nice Indian artifacts as well. You never know where your feet will lead you especially when being guided by your creator. Proverbs 3:5-6. 1611 KJV here. Strongs Concordance for deeper hidden nuggets. Gotta' love treasure hunting in every dimension. Peace out homie.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the NY button . Lots of keepers there . Welcome to metal detecting hobby .
Having fun is a key to opening the door to success .

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. I've been at this treasure hunting since 2008. I don't consider myself an expert by any means but, I do have loads of gear and thousands of hours I reckon chasing a few cool targets while removing tons of trash.:BangHead: I also love that New York State Seal button my buddy dug. The gold gilt still shining like the sun. I recovered a Florida State Seal button in even better condition than my buddies. I do wonder how these old relics get where they do and imagine the stories they could tell. All part of the wonder of this truly amazing sport. Best therapy I have ever encountered for removing the cares of the world and getting plenty of exercise. Peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread