What's new

Butt Plate

Keith123

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
315
Reaction score
586
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southeasern , CT
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (11in Coil), White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found what I think is my first butt plate. Posted in "what is it" earlier and hopeful to get a positive ID. Found it in an area with no known military activity but lots of history. I haven't really searched the area thoroughly but my buddy found a flat button with cloth still attached not to far from where I found the butt plate.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447293926.147258.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447293941.098354.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447293953.434011.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447293964.366765.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447293974.336057.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447293986.136018.webp
 
Upvote 26
Awesome find!! Enjoy that great piece of history! HH
 
Thank you all the the info. Especially to Tejaas for taking the time to educate on the history of the British Land Pattern Musket!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom