C-Scope question for you guys across the pond.

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
The c scope cs-1220r is the machine in question.When you run it in meter audio how accurate is it on big iron? The reason I ask is typical motion detectors will give good strong signal on big rusty iron,sounds like a silver dollar.So does the 1220r get crossed up when its big iron and read to the positive side of the meter or is it always a negative signal on iron regardless of the size? I was looking at this machine and it has very similar features to the nautilus machines in principal,which are very popular for relic hunters here.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi

I had the analog version, cs1220 XD.

Those audio ID NON MOTION detectors are simply impossible to fool with any kind of Iron. BUT, the XD' s meter should be more reliable and sensitive than the digital one.

Also, those detectors do NOT suffer from iron masking.

Great machines, superb "wolf" whistle on deep silver.

HH

OP
OP
D

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
Is the CS990XD the replacement for the analog 1220? two knobs and two switches,I havent found the operators manual yet.But that may be a better choice.I dont need a digital screen,and digital meter.Actually it seems kinda silly to me to have an all metal non motion detector with a fancy lcd screen and so forth.I just want to hear the audio disc.

OP
OP
D

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Olegrumpy said:
Hi

I had the analog version, cs1220 XD.

Those audio ID NON MOTION detectors are simply impossible to fool with any kind of Iron. BUT, the XD' s meter should be more reliable and sensitive than the digital one.

Also, those detectors do NOT suffer from iron masking.

Great machines, superb "wolf" whistle on deep silver.

HH
How deep will it hit on a us quarter size coin Olegrumpy? I am having trouble getting some quarters in my test garden to hit on the machines I am using.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No, the 990 XD is an evolution of another legendary detector from C Scope, the VLF/TR 990 B (released 1984 I think).

I think you should get between 5 and 8 inches depth on US quarters with the 990. It depends on the ground coditions. The quarters should respond with a high whistle, while the nickels give the same signal as square tabs. No miracles here.

Here's a link to the 990's manual : http://www.csmetaldetectors.com/repository/manual/CS990XD.pdf

Let me point, however, that these are typical relic hunting detectors. No coinshooters.People here searching for relics with an ACE 250 or a Fisher F2 get poor results, so the reverse might be true.

You should get better depth with a 1220, but the digital version isn't much popular, as the screen isn't really a plus.

If you hunt trashy areas, then the 990 would do fine, and you will find goodies that were masked for motion detectors.

HH

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with the 1220R is it just didn't work as it should in many areas though the package itself is more comfortable in use than the older C-Scope's of this type.

The only thing is that why would you bother to import one when the Nautilus does it all better ?

All this type of machine remain great coinhunters if your prepared to check out each signal.

OP
OP
D

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
U.K. Brian said:
The problem with the 1220R is it just didn't work as it should in many areas though the package itself is more comfortable in use than the older C-Scope's of this type.

The only thing is that why would you bother to import one when the Nautilus does it all better ?

All this type of machine remain great coinhunters if your prepared to check out each signal.
I have been asking myself that as well Brian,I live in NC and love NC.I should buy the detector thats made in NC shoudnt I.I am sure I will own one in the near future,I have purchased a Nexus Groundfix and I am waiting for it to arrive.I hope it is a good machine.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look forward to seing your comments on the Groundfix. I never know whether to recommend the Nexus range as you can either get really good performance or not good at all depending on the ground conditions though most could do with having one for specific sites.

OP
OP
D

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
U.K. Brian said:
Look forward to seing your comments on the Groundfix. I never know whether to recommend the Nexus range as you can either get really good performance or not good at all depending on the ground conditions though most could do with having one for specific sites. Well I wanted to try one for a while,just recently when I checked pricing it wasnt as high as I recall from a year or so ago.I have been reading on the forum and it seems to me that some very popular machines have auto ground balance.Ther are some pretty good youtube videos comparing several flagship detectors garrett,goldmax,etrac,nexus,and the groundfix seems to have better performance than all,even the plain coronado.It is probably not the best choice for heavy trash,and undergrowth on some old sites I have,but it should be alright in the open on a field. There was a one month wait for it,it's supposed to be ready oct 31 then ship out to the US.So I guess it will get here sooner or later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread