Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, now that I'm back at it, I have been going to places I haven't been before and a few old favorites. At an old favorite, I noticed a wash out along a little creek. I had found an ax, some points, and lots of both flint, rhyolite and quartz flakes here, but haven't been here in a good while. (scared of snakes). I think they mined the rhyolite about 25 miles away in Pennsylvania, because there are igneous rocks here, but not rhyolite which these blades are made of. The local rocks are granite and gabbro.

I have a few more, the largest is just over 6" long. It sure is nice to just pick them up from on top of the ground! Zoom in for a better view of the multi colored stone. I assume these were cache blades, waiting to be made into something else. Some may be knives. It's also nice to have friends with farms! This stuff was absolutely brought in from elsewhere.

DSCN0470.JPG DSCN0473.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 53

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seem to have found some kind of special place. Do you think different peoples were drawn there over the ages? Or is this stuff the workings of one group.
I would be going crazy :)
I learned domething important a few years aho. Go online and search how to measure your feet properly. Getting your size right makes so much difference.
Justin made snake proof boots -I am sure you can find something comfortable.
I bet you will find things besides points and such eventually.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sticking with the $150 boots I have. Just have to go through 25' feet of scrub, and then I'll switch to real shoes!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is amazing! Don't see that everyday. Congrats

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up all the pieces I saw. Some not shown are broken, there are just a few more. Then nothing...how it goes sometimes.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I put my boots in the car. Lots of timber rattlers where I'm supposed to be going tomorrow, but it's going to be 90!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds Smokey! Congrats!

If you have some old screen door screens or can purchase some screen door screen wire, you can make your' own custom made to fit Snake Chaps. Make sure that the screen door screen wire is metal and not made of nylon. Make sure you have enough screen wire to wrap around your' lower leg twice. If the end is woven to keep it from unraveling, make little hooks and attach them to the end. If it is not woven, then fold a half inch of the screen wire over and attach the wire hooks. Wrap the screen wire around your' lower leg making sure it will fit down over your' boots but also extend slightly higher than your' knee. Hook the hooks into the wire to keep it from unwinding, then wrap that rest around your' lower leg again and secure with wire, carpet thread or other material. You can roll/fold the top at your' knee to allow unrestricted movement especially in case you want to make a snake chap for your' upper leg. Do the same for the other leg. If you do make chaps for your' upper legs, make sure that both the lower and upper chaps sufficiently covers your' knees but does not restrict movement. These country redneck snake chaps are light-weight and allow air to pass through, so your' legs don't start smoking in this dang heat. LOL!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread