What's new

Can animals sense metal underground?

FireRescue said:
uh oh, unfortunately she's been spayed. :-\

Looks like I may need to find myself a breeder. But being completely serious, animals do have special characteristics that clue them into things that we don't normally pick up on. Growing up I had a great dane and back in 1989 when the earthquake happend in San Francisco our great dane went crazy. The funny thing about it is that we lived 100+ miles away from San Francisco. Also right now we have a cat and she can sense when someone in the family is sick or in pain. Also I have a son that has mild aspergers syndrome and she has attached herself to him which has helped him out in making it from day to day. She has also adopted the neighbor across the street who has just gone into remission on his cancer. She is the only cat that has become friendly to him. Go figure. I would chalk it up to your dog is one good metal detector with personality.
 
Had noticed that in one park a/some dogs managed to poo directly over coins.

That's called Bum Luck!
 
Cool that your dog enjoys the same hobby as yourself

i read somewhere about squirrels collecting and burring shiny objects close to their nests,so keep a lookout for nests in the trees as well




HH

Shawn
 
There was old prospector that did well in the summertime at an old placer location with his dog "Rusty". While the tourists watched he unleashed "Rusty" to find gold nuggets.

Sure enough "Rusty" zoomed in on those nuggets. He would stop, sniff and start to dig and sure enough he would quickly dig up a nugget.

After finding a half a dozen nuggets, the tourists were convinced that "Rusty" had a nose for gold. The old prospector offered to sell some of Rusty's undug spots to the tourists and sure enough there were always some takers.

The old prospector then drove away with some nuggets and some new cash in his pocket. What a deal!!!!!

The moral of this story is............................









If you want your dog to find a gold nugget be sure to place a
piece of bacon beneath the nugget.

George
 
FireRescue said:
they'de be considered grub-contractors.
I'm sorry that was the worst pun of my life...
Heeheehee...

Funny. Bad, but funny!
 
I used to have a beagle pup back in the 70's....couldn't track a rabbit, but old Barney sure could dig up coins.....My back yard was full of holes dug by barney...and many of those holes would have an old wheat penny or old nickel in the pile of dirt....So I just knew I was going to be on my way to wealth when I got my brand spanking new metal detector from Radio Shack for Christmas and commenced to detect the back yard....Damned dog had beat me to all of the coins...all I found were some skeleton keys.....Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom