What's new

Can anybody tell me about this?

peck1984

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have got this coin from my grandma and cant find anything out about it. Any info on it would be nice. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • image-665076719.webp
    image-665076719.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 200
  • image-1261091428.webp
    image-1261091428.webp
    28 KB · Views: 204
I'm not sure but I will be watching in hopes to find out too. Very neat.

Sent from my Android using TreasureNet
 
It's a tough one. It is obviously a prize token. But I couldn't find any information specifically about the Keystone Development Co.

What we can do is narrow down the timeframe a bit. The New England Building was built in 1910-1911 and was home to Merchant's National Bank from 1911 to 1969.
So it can not be any older than 1911. The upper 5 floors of the building were used for a variety of different businesses. With the number 240, I'm guessing Keystone Development Co. was on the second floor.

Now in 1958, Topeka went through a fairly hefty Urban Renewal program. They designated 37 blocks as the Keyway Urban Renewal Area. Many of the buildings were considered slums and were torn down. 70 Acres of the land were made available for private purchase and redevelopment. So that coin may be from the 1960's.

However, there was an earlier building boom around the 1920's. So it could be older.
 
If its like the British ones it was a sales gimmick to get you to bring along your wife and view a housing development.

Really great find, better than having one of ten million coins, cause when are you next going to see one ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom