What's new

Can anyone ID this wooden object?

cotecs70

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone ID this wooden object?
 

Attachments

  • OW.webp
    OW.webp
    850.3 KB · Views: 163
It's just a piece of wood with a large knot hole in it. Some folks call it driftwood.
 
Upvote 0
Our old rough cut lumber boards that was used to build barns and such had many areas like this in them. The areas where the knot holes were, where much higher in pitch content thus did not weather (rot) as much as the surrounding wood. These knot holes also made very convenient peep holes where windows were not present. I would think that what you have is the remembrance of one of these old rough cut boards. History talking back at you.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hard to tell because I seeing it on my phone but the slot looks man made and there seems to be wear around the knot hole. I’m guessing it’s the remains of a rope tensioner. For a tent or a clothes line...
 
Upvote 0
I've seen Almost an Exact Match Twice.

One in Person, One on here I Believe .

Coincidence ?
 
Upvote 0
Just a knothole that the board rotted away from it.
 
Upvote 0
Post pictures of the other side and the end with the notch in it, please.
 
Upvote 0
actually if you look closely at tree knots on google images https://www.google.com/search?q=tre...ECAcQAw&biw=1408&bih=631#imgrc=7jGO3AfmsfPX-M

you will see allot of trees with similar designs at the knot hole

if this one in the center was cut for lumber, you'd get something that looks like the artwork in the right pic.

OW.webpknothole-in-utah-juniper-3927193_1280.webp dsc_0314.webp

which is why I'm almost sure it is coincidence.


that's not to say if you put a pole the right size in the hole, you couldn't repurpose it to hand till a garden
or draw a line to drop seeds in

imo a Keeper if you have room for it.
coffee2.gif
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow. Turing fail! It's wood!
 
Upvote 0
Knot sure, but if a long pole were fitted into the knot hole, the notch would work well for picking high apples. Any chance there was an orchard near there?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom