What's new

Can I Dig It?

John Winter

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2014
Messages
527
Reaction score
381
Golden Thread
0
Location
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In an age when children must have the latest toy, I sigh and remember how things used to be and how innocent we were. We are told never to look back, but when you do, you often realise that those were the Good Old Days! But what’s this got to do with metal detecting?

Can I Dig It? | johnwinter.net
 
Great reading, John! The youngsters on the site probably do not know what a "church key" was or why they were indispensable in their day. Old cans also made great targets for shooting .22s. In a real pinch, a properly crushed can could serve as a hockey puck here in New England... but that was a very long time ago (sigh).
 
You guys are killing me. I'm 32 and have been reflecting on my youth way back in the late 80s/early 90s and thinking about how good life was back then. Less complicated and making up games with my siblings to pass the time. Now life just seems so hectic.

I got into solo backpacking to be able to get out in the middle of the woods by myself to get away and be in nature. It seems my next step is going to be strapping a MD onto my pack and discovering a simpler way of life that used to exist.

I wrote my story/reflections from the night I spent out in an old cellar hole I discovered. I'll have to post them up here sometime.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom