What's new

Can I tell if its an over date and how?

adaminnh

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
78
Golden Thread
0
Location
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im trying to get a ball park figure on my dimes value. I have an older(and usually way off) price guide and theres a few coins that list the dates like 1893/2 over date. These are valued at substantialy higher prices. How can I tell if mine is an over date? Anyone know a fair value if I were to sell it?

ForumRunner_20121126_114049.webp



ForumRunner_20121126_114109.webp
 
Since the 1893/2 Barber Dimes were only minted in Philadelphia and yours is an 1893-S, I would say that you don't have the overdate.

Scott
 
I reviewed 14 recent Ebay sales of 93-Ss. Ten were 'good' conditioned and sold for between $4.50 and $10.07; two Fs (about $20) and two VFs about $30.
Don.......
 
Last edited:
You should invest in some kind of magnification. And there are plenty of pictures of the over dates online. Hope that helps.
 
I get it now...stamped over the date. I did not know that was ever done. I just got 'into' coins over the last year. You folks here on these forums have been very helpful and informative. I learn something new almost everytime I log in. Big thanks to everyone. Does the mint still do overdates?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom