Can I use 2 headphones with what comes with Equinox 800 package?

MikeSD

May 28, 2007
Can I use 2 headphones with what comes with Equinox 800 package?

It comes with the WM08. And that can pair with the headphones that come with it. But it also has a cable connection. So, I'm wondering if there are two people working together, can one wear the WM08 with a wired headphone (not inuded) and the other person use the included headphones, so that both can hear the audio?

Thanks

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your options are as follows:

You cannot use the WM08 and the included BT headphones at the same time. Has to be one or the other.

If you are using the WM08 or BT wireless phones, you can also plug a wired set of phones directly into the headphone jack on the detector.

The Equinox is programmed to accept pairing of up to 4 WM08 receivers at the same time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MikeSD

May 28, 2007
Your options are as follows:

You cannot use the WM08 and the included BT headphones at the same time. Has to be one or the other.

If you are using the WM08 or BT wireless phones, you can also plug a wired set of phones directly into the headphone jack on the detector.

The Equinox is programmed to accept pairing of up to 4 WM08 receivers at the same time.
so the BT phones don't work with the wm08?

What does then? What phones work with wm08? OR is the wm08 only for using wired phones with module?

If that's the case, I'd need 2 wm08. Wired to detector is what I'm trying to avoid but I need two headphones.

I guess an option would be to use a pair of earbuds to pair with the detector. I could use the right one and my wife could use the left.

Last edited:

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With what you already have you can do what V Ferrari said two different ways.......

Plug in one set of wired headphones into the audio port on the Control Pod. Pair the ML80 Bluetooth headphones via the Equinox Bluetooth transmitter for the second set of headphones.

Plug in one set of wired headphones into the audio port on the Control Pod. Pair the WM08 via the Equinox WiFi transmitter and use any set of 1/8" plug headphones that will fit into the WM08s audio port. The ML80s (not turned on) with the supplied audio cable work really well.

Either way, the detector operator can use the headphones wired into the Control Pod. The user that is using one of the wireless connections can dig, film, just listen, whatever.

The Equinox 600 and 800 have two separate wireless systems that cannot operate at the same time.

The WM08 uses Minelab's proprietary WiStream WiFi (not Bluetooth) technology which allows you to use any wired headphones or earbuds and still be untethered to the Equinox. 1/4" plug headphones work too with the appropriate 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.

The ML80s use the Bluetooth APTX Low Latency transmitter inside the Control Pod. Any aftermarket Bluetooth APTX Low Latency wireless headphones or earbuds should pair also.

All of this information is in the excellent online manual which can be downloaded and printed.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want, you CAN plug the included wireless BT headphones into the WM08 jack or the headphone jack on the detector and use them as passive (i.e., unpowered) wired phones. Don't think that is what you want to do, but it is an option if you want to use the WM08 instead of Bluetooth or if the included BT phones rechargeable battery is discharged.

You can also use the built-in speaker so you can also both hear the detector simultaneously.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread